Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) invite local people to be actively involved in the planning and development of new and existing health services. This helps them understand the healthcare service and enables them to voice opinions on topics such as service provision and local concerns. PPGs give patients, GPs and practice staff an opportunity to meet, exchange ideas and take action.
A PPG consists of voluntary patient representatives and practice staff who meet regularly to consider improvements in healthcare service provision supplied by the practice to patients.
Wallingbrook Health Group PPG meets monthly at the Health Centre in Chulmleigh. It represents Burrington (Chair Jack Earnshaw), Chulmleigh (Rosemary Rives – Roberts, Maggie Samuel and Susan Taylor (also Winkleigh), Lapford (Bill Graham) and Winkleigh (Vice Chair Anne Balcomb and Sue Ware). Practice staff members include a Wallingbrook Partner, Lucy Harris (Practice Manager) and Sam Bunton, Patient Care Coordinator.
Any patient can apply to join the PPG via the Practice using the contact details provided. Ideally volunteers will come from a cross-section of the community.
The aims of the group are to:
- provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests.
- challenge the Practice constructively, whenever necessary.
- represent patients’ opinions, good or otherwise, to the Practice and help the patients to understand the Practice’s viewpoint.
- undertake projects or reviews to enhance the performance of the Practice in the community.
- ensure a consultation process is built into new initiatives or change, so there is a reasonable time for genuine feedback from the PPG and community prior to implementation. If you are interested there is also a Virtual Patient Participation Group. As a member of this Group the Practice will email you, asking for your opinion on a range of topics. You decide how often and when you would like to answer. By doing this you will help the Practice to provide an accessible and responsive service and you will be amongst the first to hear about news and updates.
For further information about our procedures, meetings and roles please see our Terms of Reference.
To read about some of our achievements click here
Who can become a member?
Generally anyone who is a patient within the Practice can become a member. However, the Practice does have a right to refuse an individual if it considers it is in the best interest of the individual or the Practice.
All local groups send a representative to the central PPG group monthly meeting at Chulmleigh. Patients reflecting younger age ranges are under-represented at all parishes.
If you would like to become a member please contact the practice using the contact details.
What is the Virtual Patient Participation Group?
This is a group, which has been set up in response to patients that have said they would like to be involved in a Patient Group but are unable to attend meetings. As a member of the Virtual Patient Participation Group we will send you emails asking for your opinion on a range of topics. You decide how often and when you would like to answer.
If you would like to become a member please complete the sign-up form below.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.