Blood Test Disruption
We have been informed by Northern Devon Healthcare Trust and NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group that the national supply of biochemistry blood testing equipment had been significantly disrupted and could remain so for up to 3 weeks. This means that certain blood testing services will only be processed if deemed as urgent, and any non-urgent samples taken will have a significant delay in processing until the equipment is available.
You may therefore experience some disruption to your appointments, for those patients who have already booked an appointment you may be contacted by one of our team to rearrange or cancel this.
If you don't hear from us then your blood test is still going ahead.
For patients who are calling to request Month of Birth annual review or routine blood tests please be aware that the team may ask you to give more details than normal and ask you to call back in 2 weeks.
Unfortunately this is something which we as a Practice are unable to influence or alter.
We will keep you all updated.
Wallingbrook Health Group - Flu Clinics 2020 Update
We are holding our next flu clinic tomorrow – Saturday 17 October 2020.
VACCINATIONS WILL BE GIVEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
If driving, please drive carefully when you enter the car park and then follow the signs directing you to the Flu Clinic queue where one way system will be in operation.
When attending for your flu vaccination appointment, please:
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Wear a face covering.
- Do not touch anything in the practice. Hand sanitiser will be available or do bring your own to use should you wish to.
- Follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing.
- Come prepared with an umbrella, if it is raining on the day, as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
- For infection control purposes, there will be no chairs available whilst you are waiting or having the vaccination administered. If you feel you will not be able to stand whilst waiting for your appointment, speak to a member of staff, on arrival,
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm.
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us and we will rebook your appointment when you are able to leave isolation.
- Heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow, they are there for your safety.
It is anticipated that vaccines for the new age group added this year; 50 - 64 years, who are not in a clinical at risk group, will be made available in November, we are however awaiting further guidance.
For eligibility check https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/who-should-have-flu-vaccine/
Welcome to Wallingbrook Health Group
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Wheelchair access is available at all our surgeries.